Friday, October 30, 2009

Investment in ecosystems key to adaptation

Marcela Valente in IPS: Investing in the sustainable management of ecosystems and curbing environmental degradation greatly improves the capacity of nations to adapt to climate change, according to a study carried out in 16 countries by two environmental organisations.

The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and the Argentine Wildlife Foundation (FVSA) presented a report Thursday in Buenos Aires which states that conservation and sustainable management of ecosystems are essential for adaptation to global warming.

The most conservative estimates indicate that 63 billion dollars a year are needed to protect the environmental services such ecosystems provide for humanity. A partial costing of the services themselves valued them at 33 trillion dollars a year, according to a research paper in the scientific journal Nature.

In the run-up to the 15th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP 15), to be held Dec. 7-18 in Copenhagen, Diego Moreno, head of FVSA, emphasised that "effective environmental management should be an essential part of adaptation strategies."

He was speaking before the presentation of the study, titled "Nuevos Paradigmas para Financiamiento, Desarrollo y Naturaleza. Casos de Adaptación para Responder a los Impactos del Cambio Climático" (New Paradigms for Funding, Development and Nature: Cases of Adaptation in Response to the Impact of Climate Change), which will be launched at the COP 15 summit. The study examines 16 cases of adaptation on the five continents, covering a total area that includes 10 percent of the world population, currently estimated at over 6.8 billion people….

Johann Elias Ridinger (1698-1767): Schöpfung (Creation), 18th c.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://tinysykup.easyfreehosting.com/jiwinu.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

I've just recently purchased Mt4 Protect and wanted to tell you guys about my experience with it.
I was worried about all the MT4 Malware out there at the moment as I heard you can get them from downloading EA's from the web.
While I don't download decompiled EA's the last thing I want is some hacker getting my account details and draining my forex account as I have built it up into quite a bit of money. That's why I purchased MT4 protect so it can stop my computer from getting attacked. I think the price is well worth the protection I will receive
I bought a copy at [url=http://www.mt4protect.com/] www.mt4protect.com [/url] via paypal and my product code was sent to me within 4 hours.
I installed it and its great It works in the system tray and scans my computer in real time to detect any attacks.
The EA optimization tool is so great - you can allocate more memory to your MT4 terminal so your trades get executed faster! There are also heaps of registry tweaks and cleanup features that have turbocharged up my Windows 2000 PC.
With malware and virus attacks hitting Forex traders all the time now I definitely think that MT4 Protect is a worthwhile investment.