…The following measures must be taken to safeguard the lives and livelihoods of Bangladeshi people. …
* Promoting adaptation to coastal crop agriculture to combat increased salinity.
* Identifying drought and saline resistant tree species to be included in plantation programs.
* Researching the impacts of biodiversity loss.
* Reducing climate change hazards through coastal afforestation.
* Strengthening community level resilience to cope with the changing scenario.
* Integrating climate change in infrastructure design, conflict management and land water zoning for water management institutions.
* Exploring insurance options to cope with natural disasters.
…* Promoting research on drought, flood and saline tolerant varieties of trees and plants.
* Developing eco-specific knowledge (including indigenous knowledge) on climate variability to enhance resolutions for future environmental issues….The Ganges Delta in Bangladesh, NASA, Wikimedia Commons